Job Purpose or Summary
Oversee all internal and external communications for company, ensuring its message is consistent and engaging.
ORGANIZATION AND TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Develop departmental organizational structure, job descriptions, process, budget to perform the company strategies/ goals. Ensure periodical review or whenever necessary;
- Develop departmental and individual KPIs, do alignment with direct line manager and ensure the target achievement;
- Cascade targets to subordinates by assigning KPIs, giving instructions, supporting for achieving the targets and ensuring performance appraisal as requested;
- Build-up and develop the PR & Communications team, organize and assign tasks, manage the team performance; implement the employees’ competence evaluation and have professional development activities to fix gap between the current and expectation;
- Deliver training of processes, procedures, work standards/ instructions to subordinates, and ensure compliance within the delegated function;
- Create best practices for the teams in the systematic approach and ensure activities are delivered in line with these best practices (Includes SOPs, process, policies, work instructions, improvement ideas);
- Motivate, encourage employee engagement and ensure a positive work environment;
- Strive to reach the Company’s Vision and live with our Core Values: Integrity – Be Cause In The Matter – Data Driven – Service Culture – Customer Experience.
CORPORATE COMMUNICATION MANAGEMENT
- Be responsible for all internal and external communications in terms of corporate communications, PR…;
- Be accountable for handling all crises in public for the company;
- Develop and implement public relations strategy to grow the Pharmacity media profile;
- Proactively build and develop relationships with key media contacts across all platforms;
- Write and distribute press releases and other press announcements;
- Manage media lists, and regularly prospect for new media opportunities;
- Coach and coordinate media training for key spokespeople;
- Other tasks as assigned by line manager.
- Education: Bachelor or advanced degree
- Professional major: Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising, Communications or Marketing related field
- 2nd language ability: Good English (4 skills)
- Computer usage ability: Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum 5 years of experience in media relations and communications, preferably in retail.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills, verbal communications skills
- High initiative, proactive and adaptive flexibility, solution oriented
- Experience working with outsources, particularly advertising and PR agencies and event management firms
- Understanding of the digital media landscape and new media opportunities
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to see and work towards a big picture; demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action
- Learns fast, grasps the ‘essence’ and can change quickly where indicated.
- Travels when required.