Job Purpose or Summary
- This role will be responsible for determining which regulations apply to the Company, executing a gap analysis against the current controls, developing an inventory of the current controls and how they apply to the current assets (prioritized by risk), and creating a roadmap to how you will close the gaps, again focusing on high-risk assets/controls first.
- Build the processes, systems, and controls around the primary compliance framework.
- Build and lead the Compliance Department with the across assigned functions of Internal Audit, Store QC, Fraud Prevention, Security to enable KPI delivery.
- Establish standards and procedures to prevent and detect the violation, which starts with a code of conduct or statement of the core values;
- Be knowledgeable about the compliance program as well as oversee its implementation and make reasonable efforts to ensure its effectiveness;
- Examines and analyzes records, reports, and any other regulatory documentation as needed;
- Manage audits and develop the audit tools for Retail Operations and Inventory Program;
- Manages multiple compliance projects and communications with the Retail teams;
- Serves as a lead for the initiatives requiring regulatory filings and/or follow up;
- Maintains extensive working knowledge of regulations and conducts regulatory research, including keeping Guidance/SOPs/Regulations and other related documents up to date;
- Maintains and updates Guidance/SOPs/Regulations including improvement, creation, revisions, and annual reviews;
- Works with both internal/external stakeholders to resolve compliance incidents and issues.
- Reviews emerging legislation for applicability;
- Periodically communicates the aspects of the compliance program to the employee by conducting training programs and disseminating relevant information;
- Implement other tasks at line manager assigned.
PREVENTION AND HANDLING OF VIOLATIONs
- Performs and drives follow up on any potential non-compliant findings;
- Ensure that the program is followed by monitoring and auditing activities to detect violations, periodically evaluating its effectiveness, and employing systems that allow for anonymity or confidentiality if employees want to report violations without fear of retaliation;
- Promote and enforce the program for performance in accordance with the program and instituting disciplinary measures for engaging in or failing to take reasonable steps to prevent/detect violations;
- Respond to violations and take steps to prevent future and similar offenses when violations have been detected.
ORGANIZATION AND TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Develop team organizational structure, job descriptions, budget to perform the Company strategies/goals; ensure periodical review or whenever necessary;
- Sets standards, processes and procedures for compliance matters;
- Develop divisional/departmental and individual KPIs, do alignment with direct line manager and ensure the target achievement; cascade targets to subordinates by assigning KPIs, giving instructions, supporting for achieving the targets and ensuring performance appraisal as requested;
- Build-up and develop the team, organize and assign tasks, manage the team performance; implement the employees’ competence evaluation and have professional development activities to fix gap between the current and expectation;
- Deliver training of processes, procedures, work standards/instructions to subordinates, and ensure the compliance within the delegated functions;
- Provides appropriate compliance updates or training to the businesses and support functions;
- Motivate, encourage employee engagement and ensure a positive work environment;
- Strive to reach the Company’s Vision and live with our Core Values: Integrity – Be Cause In The Matter – Data Driven – Serve Faithfully – Customer experience.
- Education: Bachelor or advanced degree
- Professional major: Law, Compliance, Economics or related major
- 2nd language ability: Fluent English (4 skills)
- Computer usage ability: Microsoft Office (word, excel, power-point)
- At least 7 to 10 years working for retailer or holds similar position within multinational corporations
- Deep understanding compliance framework applicable to pharmaceutical and retail industry
- Able to demonstrate strong people leadership and management skills
- Ambitious to thrive in an exceptionally international organization where the compliance functions must work with different departments and teams across the country to support the business day to day operation
- Good interpersonal skills, results oriented, self-motivated, confident, able to negotiate and manage conflict, planning and organizing skills and strong project management skills;
- The organization with its fast-paced, constantly evolving and demanding environment calls for senior individuals who enjoy tackling challenges and get to the next stage of their career.
- Travels when required