Job Purpose or Summary
The Senior Cloud Engineer in the IT infrastructure and Cloud team will develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud-based solutions. He/she will be responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks and ensuring the reliability and security of the cloud infrastructure.
The incumbent should be able to identify the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our digital platforms and maintain cloud infrastructures in accordance with best practices and company security policies. He/she understands the nuances of different cloud solutions (hybrid, public, private, multi-cloud, on-prem) and implications for solution design.
The Senior Cloud Engineer will apply excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and must be a team player.
In addition, the Senior Cloud Engineer also plays a role in operating current on-premises infrastructure including the co-location data center, offices, distribution centers, and relevant services.
- Design, develop, and deploy modular cloud-based systems.
- Develop and maintain On-prem & cloud infrastructure in accordance with policies and best practices.
- Collaborate with software teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions.
- Modify and improve existing systems, and plan and execute the migration strategy
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives.
- Be part of the operations support, monitoring, maintenance, incident management, problem management, and capacity management for the company’s IT infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science & IT
- Business-level communication in English
- Certified in Microsoft 365 and MCSE, Azure, AWS, and CCNA is preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in the field of cloud computing.
- Demonstrated experience in infrastructure design, administration, and support in an enterprise environment.
- Experience in a retail business, and a good understanding of E-Commerce Systems is the plus
- Experience in IT Infrastructure for Microsoft AX or SAP cloud, and a good understanding of ERP Systems is the plus
- Hands-on experience with Azure, AWS, Hyper-V, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Active Directory, Cloudflare, Microsoft 365, New Relic, Ansible, Kubernetes, Jenkins, GIT…
- Experience with CI/CD, DevOps, site reliability engineer, ITIL Processes (Incident/Problem/Configuration/Release/ Change/Service Level/Capacity Management) & ITSM Systems (Jira ITSM)
- Experience in the design and implementation of distributed applications
- Practical experience with cloud methodologies, automation, orchestration
- Ability to architecting and implementing cloud-based solutions with robust BCP and DR requirements
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deliver results on time.
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.