Job Purpose or Summary
Pharmacity brand is a unique point of difference and valuable asset for Pharmacity, and is an area identified for future growth. New product launches are critical for delivering business growth and ensuring the Pharmacity house brand continues to offer an exciting and relevant range of products for our customers.
The NPD Brand Manager is responsible for delivering the new product plan for Pharmacity’s house brand assortment. The individual will define the strategy for new product development for their responsible categories, ensuring this aligns to the company’s overall assortment strategy and role of Pharmacity brand within the category. They will manage the overall NPD process, ensuring the new product meets the customer and market demand; adds commercial value for the company; and launches.
- Use market and customer insight to complete the demand assessment, identify opportunities for new products that meet customer needs and support the overall category strategy for the company;
- Define the product brief and specification, seeking alignment cross-functionally from key departments on the new product concept proposed, including details on the product formulation, dosage and usage;
- Work closely with the Commercial Brand Manager to align on the product request and sales forecasts; complete the business case including detailed analysis of all required financial measures to ensure the new product adds commercial value to the business;
- Manage Pharmacity product brand identity; prepare product design and key visual briefs; manage artwork development process with the Graphic Designer and / or Marketing team
- Align on Critical Path Timeline with the Sourcing Buyer to ensure on-time launch plan;
- Lead the relationship with Sourcing Buyer on all aspects related to product development: quotations, samples, packaging, tasting, regulatory, quality; ensuring the proposed product meets the brief
- Ensure full stock availability for new product launching and coordinate with the Sourcing Buyer, Demand Planning and Commercial Brand Manager.
- Evaluating the performance of new product launches and using this insight as input to the future new product plan.
- Ensure permanently a competitive intelligence of category and customer trends and market demand
Organization and Team Management
- Collaborate across the wider Pharmacity Brand and Exclusive Team to work effectively to deliver the departmental and individual KPIs.
- Coach junior team members and lead by example, as a role model for leadership and behavioral competences.
- Deliver training of processes, procedures, work standards/instructions where required.
- Create best practices for the teams in the systematic approach and ensure activities are delivered in line with these best practices (Including SOPs, process, policies, work instructions, improvement ideas).
- Motivate, encourage employee engagement, and ensure a positive work environment.
- Strive to reach the Company’s Vision and live with our Core Values: Integrity – Be Cause In The Matter – Data Driven – Service Culture – Customer Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Commercial, Business Management
- Highly proficient in English
- 5 years+ in a retail or FMCG product brands organization in a field relating to product development, brand or product marketing.
- Experience in healthcare, vitamins & nutrition, and personal care categories is desirable, but not essential.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced company; proactive and independent; flexible and agile; open-minded and adaptable to change